During the year 2012
• Programme on Update on IFRS and Corporate Governance; 24 December 2012, Madurai
• Conference on Company Law; 18 December 2012, New Delhi
• 4th International Conference on Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies Innovation, Sustainability and Challenges; 10-11 December 2012, Hyderabad
The two day International Conference on CG in Emerging Economies: Innovation, Sustainability and Challenges was held on 10th and 11th, December 2012 at the Hotel Marigold, Hyderabad under agies of National Foundation for Corporate Governance. The program was inaugurated by Shri Surender Mohan, CMD, Neyveli Lignite Corp. Ltd.
• CSR-CSO Bridge : Forging Partnerships in the North East ; 7 December 2012 : Guwahati, Assam
CII strongly believes that it is important to mainstream CSR Agenda for Sustained Inclusiveness in the North East region. Although the new paradigm of CSR CSO Bridge is opening up new vistas and avenues to forge partnership for development and empowerment across the country, it is still in its nascent stage in the region. To take this forward CII organized a “CSR-CSO Bridge : Forging Partnerships in the North East” on 7th December 2012 at Guwahati.
• Seminar on Relevance of Good Corporate Governance Practices for SMEs looking at ‘Listing Option’; 1 December 2012, Pune
The seminar on “Relevance of Good Corporate Governance Practices for SMEs looking at Listing Option” was a great success, achieving record attendance and further establishing a reputation as the industry’s leading seminar. It took place at the SIMS Aditorium on 1st December 2012. Organised by Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS), the seminar was supported by National Foundation for Corporate Governance (NFCG), New Delhi.
• International Business Leaders Programme; 29 November - 2 December 2012, Bangalore
The CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development in partnership with Cornell University, The Johnson School, Center for Sustainable Global Enterprise organizes an annual executive education programme titled “Business Leaders Programme” with the objective of developing Strategies & Leadership for Creating Sustainable Organizations.
• CSR India Conclave 2012; 19 October 2012, Bhopal
Indian Institute of Forest Management’s Communication Cell hosted the 3rd CSR India Conclave 2012 at IIFM, Bhopal today with the theme “Millennium Development Goals – a strong driver in CSR plans of contemporary India’s business circle.
• Sustainable & Inclusive Solutions Summit & Exhibition; 15-16 Oct, 2012, New Delhi
The Sustainable & Inclusive Solutions: Summit & Exhibition is an annual flagship event of the CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development focusing on solutions for sustainable & inclusive business as well as development.
• Two day induction programme for Boards; 8-9 October 2012, Hyderabad
• 8th International Corporate Governance Summit 2012; 18 September 2012, Mumbai
CII, in pursuance of its endeavour of promoting better Corporate Governance practices, organized the International Corporate Governance Summit on 18 September 2012 at Mumbai.
• Interactive session on Corporate Disclosure; 3 September 2012, New Delhi
In line with the accounting reforms taking place through out the world and to ensure
better governance, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has from time to time introduced
various accounting reforms like Indian Accounting Standards, revised schedule VI to the
Companies Act and XBRL Taxonomy and many more reformative steps. These reforms
have brought in new concepts and disclosure requirements for the industry and
tremendous opportunities for the professionals.
• 2nd ICSI Corporate Governance Week (27-31 August 2012 : Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi)
Good corporate governance is a culture and a climate of Consistency, Responsibility, Accountability, Fairness, Transparency
and Effectiveness that is deployed throughout the business organization.
• 7th International profession Development Programme on “Governance, Rating and Economic Performance”; 19 June 2012, South Africa
• Session on Corporate Governance; 12 June 2012, New Delhi
Confederation of Indian Industry along with Grant Thornton organised a Workshop on Amendments to Regulatory Framework on 12 June 2012 at New Delhi. The workshop focused on Transfer Pricing, International Taxation, and Corporate Governance and The Company Law. Grant Thornton participated in the Workshop as Knowledge Partner.
The speakers through various presentations spoke about the issues affecting Company Law and their impact on Corporate Governance in India.
Ms Karishma R Phatarphekar, Partner, Transfer Pricing Services, Grant Thornton made a presentation on The Changing Landscape of Indian Transfer Pricing Regime and the Roadmap to Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs). She briefed the gathering on the types of APAs and their impact on businesses and taxation. She also elaborated upon the APA process, double taxation issues and how companies should pick the right APA suiting their requirements.
The workshop was well received by the delegates. Around 70 delegates from law firms, consultancies and other MNCs attended the workshop.
• NFCG Review Meeting with the Institutions; 11 May 2012, New Delhi
Based on the financial proposals received by NFCG for the year 2012-13 from the various Institutions, a Review Meeting of the Institutions was organised on May 11, 2012 at CII, The Mantosh Sondhi Centre, 23 Institutional Area, Lodi Road New Delhi.
• International Conference on “Corporate Governance : The Road Ahead” : 27-28 March 2012 : New Delhi
Shri Ram College of Commerce under the aegis of National Foundation for Corporate Governance organized the International Conference on the theme ‘Corporate Governance - The Road Ahead’. The conference was to be inaugurated by the Hon’ble Minister of Corporate Affairs, Dr. M.Veerappa Moily on March 27, 2012. But due to his last minute pre-occupation in the Parliament, the Hon’ble Minister could not make it. The Conference was inaugurated by Sh. U.K. Sinha, Chairman, Securities and Exchange Board of India, Mumbai,
• Workshop on Teaching & Training on Corporate Governance in India: March 27-28, 2012: Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB), under the aegis of NFCG organizes Workshop on Teaching & Training on Corporate Governance in India on March 27-28, 2012 at Bangalore.
• National Declamation Contest “Ethics & Values in Corporate Governance” 5th March, 2012 at Pune
Symbiosis Institute of Management (SIMS), under the aegis of NFCG organize Awareness National Declamation Contest on March 5, 2012 at Pune.
• Corporate Governance Session on: Investor Awareness – Key to Corporate Growth
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), under the aegis of NFCG organizes Corporate Governance Session on: Investor Awareness – Key to Corporate Growth on February 25, 2012 at Jamshedpur.
• Awareness Session on Corporate Governance: “Linking Governance with Performance” 17 January 2012: Ahmedabad
Confederations of Indian Industry (CII), under the aegis of NFCG organize Awareness Session on Corporate Governance on January 17, 2012 at Ahmedabad.